Monday, August 4, 2008

Upma Kozhukattai

This was my favorite tiffin item that my mom used to make very rarely. I knew that it involved washing the rice, drying it on a paper towel,dry grinding it etc. etc so I didn't have the patience to go through the elaborate procedure of making it until I came across the simpler recipe for this using Idly Rava(available in most indian stores) by Nandita of Saffrontrail. Click here for Nandita's recipe. I followed the recipe exactly the same way as she did.
Variations:
1. I have also seen some people soak 1 tbsp of tur dhal, jeera, red chilly,& pepper and grind and add it to the boiling water before adding the idly rava. This should taste good too.
2. I came across this other recipe for upma kozhukatai using oat grits by Lakshmik of Veggie cuisine which I'm yet to try but thought was a very good healthy choice.Click here for Lakshmik's recipe.

2 comments:

Menu Today said...

Hi Madoo,

Your blog looks nice and contains good recipes. I love this Upma kozhukkattai. Neat presentation. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Madhoo.S.Gargya said...

Thanks MT for taking the time to comment in my blog.